Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which software supports low-cost devices, Lattice EC or ECP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davorin

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Lattice EC/ECP...

Which software supports the new low-cost devices?
Although they devices should be low-cost it isn´t supported by the "starter" package which is free...

And...anyone heard about the prices yet of them?

Re: Lattice EC/ECP...

Hi,

The devices are supported through starter software, yet with a control pack. This enables the EC20 and ECP20.

Prices are comparable with Cyclone.

Performance is above it.

Regards

Any reason it doesn't support smaller devices with "Starter" version of ispLever?

Would be better to use the devices available in TQFP for prototyping though...

Shure, EC/ECP20 is the first device available. The rest of the family will follow.
I can't remember what devices will be supported in starter, but there will certainly be some TQFP's.

Any schedule on the introduction on the new devices?
Don't remember seeing anything on their website about it...

...so most probably other devices will follow next year...

They told me everything should be available by end of the year.

Just heard that ispLever starter version won't support new EC/ECP devices at all. At least base version with control package (4.1) or base version 4.2 is needed...

Nice..low-cost FPGA with non-free softwar (o;

The control pack is indeed needed for the moment. But this will disappear when the devices are in production.

Yeah..what I've heard also...

Just don't get it why new low-cost FPGA require "base" package which costs money where others like Altera and Xilinx offer free software for their low-cost families (o:

Maybe it's gonna change next year (o;

Interesting....ispLever Starter 4.1 is available for download now saying in release notes that preliminary EC20 support is built-in (as also the install screen shows messages about new EC/ECP devices).

But after installing no EC/ECP support is installed at all....

Have you tried contacting a local Lattice sales/disti?
If you plan using the part, you can get a sw control pack that enable a selection of EC and ECP devices, ranging from a 6K LUT to a 20k LUT device.
BTW. the control pack is free of charge.

Best regards

Actually I tried contacting them several times..a pain (o;

Maybe I could try again...but kinda lost interest now (o;

I'm sorry, I didn't reply earlier. Can you PM me. I'll try to figure out who you should contact to get a control pack.

All kind of EC/ECP will be product by the end of the year. I have finished my desgin now and wait for the chip. I even don't have the pin location of the chip until now. I have the software and service pack. But it is very large. I hesitate it is difficult to upload the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back