Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which software is the best to simulate the PRINTED DIPOLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

cappuccino80

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
printed dipole hfss

i want to simulate a printed dipole on a PCB substract, and i want to know which software is the best one to realize this. in addition, i 'd like to tune the structural parameters (such as length, width and angles etc.) for optimization of the design, so the structure of the antenna should be inputed by a file(such as mesh file or a file to define the configuration) not using "mouse " or GUI. can somebody give a answer, thanks!!

Re: which software is the best to simulate the PRINTED DIPOL

I have used HFSS to simulate a printed dipole. Any geometry or variable can be parameterized if you have the Optimetrics option. You can use Matlab to create geometry for HFSS but that seems overkill for a printed dipole.

**broken link removed**

Sonnet also has the capability to paramaterize geometry but if you are using a thick substrate (> 1/8 guide wavelength) then HFSS may be a better option. You should try 3D and 2.5D and compare the results.

HFSS or any equivalent 3D field solver (CST Microwave Studio, Microstripes, etc.) will certainly work for this. The main penalty for using a 3D field solver for planar antennas is that you will wait for it to mesh and solve for fields in the entire volume when you are only interested in the currents on the conductor.

This is a design problem for which 2.5D planar MoM solvers are most efficient. You can try IE3D, Designer, Sonnet, or Momentum. IE3D has a 3D text geometry file format that you can generate using Matlab for optimization purposes. Or you may can use the IE3DLibrary and assign variables for it to optimize for best S11.

Good luck.

hi antennas321
i need IE3D
please send me it
hamid

IE3D can be purchased from Zeland Software at www.zeland.com. Jian of ZLS posts regularly on this forum and can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back