Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which simulation software supports BSIM models?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indeterminable

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, friends

need help on the following paper for simulations>>>>>>.
thanks

don't worry help button will be surely pushed....

Re: help somebody.....

What is it you want to know?

Use any PSIPCE software, it would be nice if you could use the same transistor models as them, but any high level CMOS model should give pretty decent results.
Just insert a current source where Ib1 is shown (you could implement one, but I would stick with an ideal one to begin with.)
I would imagine it will take quite a bit off fiddling to get that to work as shown.

hi, actually i want to to use BSIM models and to vary various parameters and thats too by schematics..so which software should i use...

thanks

I use Cadence with the 0.35um AMS process, I'm quite sure they use the BSIM 3 model. One of my colleagues uses winspice with the BSIM models. Pretty much any SPICE simulator will run the BSIM models.
Several months back I had a check on what models Orcad was was using, and the BSIM ones were there somewhere, I can't remember what they were called, level 7 or level 9 I think.
Spending 15 minutes on google should be able to clear this up.
If I was you I would pick the simulator you like best, then find out which 'level' is the BSIM model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back