Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which RTOS is best for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

wh

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
best rtos

I wish to design a board for Cybot. www.realrobots.com

Among many of free RTOS out there, which one do you think is best suit my requirement?

Target uC: PIC18F452 or Maybe dsPIC.
Tasks: RF comm, IR comm, PWM to motor, sensor to read various information: speed, distance travel, and I plan to add a digital compas.

Well I'm not very familiar in RTOS, so I prefer a well documented RTOS. Can anyone point me please.

Thanks in advance.
wh

top rtos

If PIC18F452 is member of PIC18XX family you must check out UCOS II. It is 'simply to start' OS. PIC18 port can be found at micricum site http://www.ucos-ii.com/ and UCOS-II sources can be found in Electroda forums (someone post it here).

uitron os

hope ucos-ii suits you.U can work with some examples and many are familiaar with its projects.

hope u find it suitable

rtos top

I depends that what kind of memory you would be having and also what is your current skills
are you good with windows programing go for WINCE
Personal suggestion is linux (RT) it is free to download from www.fsm.com
vxworks i would not suggest as it is expensive it needs processor dose not run on controller as you are

uitron ebook

Thank you very much to all replies.

I decide to have a look at uC/OS-II first.

Well it can be say to be started very well since I could get version 2.52 of uC/OS-II and get a clean compiling without any error. I think this was the version used by the author of PIC port.

Anyway I have some problem when I tried v2.60
When I tried to compile with uC/OS-II v2.60, I get the following error messages.

D:\SOFTWARE\uCOS-II\PIC18\MPLAB-C18\WORK\software\ucos-ii\source\os_task.c:292:Warning [2058] call of function without prototype

D:\SOFTWARE\uCOS-II\PIC18\MPLAB-C18\WORK\software\ucos-ii\source\os_task.c:933:Error [1109] type mismatch in redeclaration of 'OS_TaskStkClr'

It seems like some definition of function changes have been done in v2.60. I wish to know the history of uC/OS-II changes. But there are very less information at http://www.ucos-ii.com/

Any idea where I could find the information that I need? I appreciate any pointer to me.

Thanks & regards,
wh
[/quote]

uitron pic 18

Dspnut said:
Hi there
Why don't you give Salvo RTOS a try?? This RTOS is well documented.

https://www.htsoft.com/products/rtos.php

Cheer :)

Qnx is good
QT is cool
Nucleus is stable and expensive
UCos II -> free and support much platform
eCos -> good and small
Rt-Linux -> Cool but quite large as RTOS

+programing cybot

Yes, It is depend on the size of your memory. maybe, uITRON is the suit. It can cut to what you want.

pic18 ecos

mountain said:
Yes, It is depend on the size of your memory. maybe, uITRON is the suit. It can cut to what you want.

uITRON based on Nucleus develop and much use in Japan.
but the architecture is not open. and much documentation in Japanese language.

ucos-ii pic18f book

What do you think about VxWorks? Maybe you could try it.

salvo rtos (v2.1)

You have also the full preemptive kernel PICos18 well-suited for the PIC18 (optimize for this target!)
it is a GPL kernel.
Check at www.picos18.com and the forum at www.picso18.com\forum .

Bertrand

which one is the best rtos

Hi,

Anyone know where can I download the OS source for uITRON? I have a book talk on its specification but don't have its source code.

Thanks.

Regards,
Tom

rtos wince specification

tom12sg said:
Hi,

Anyone know where can I download the OS source for uITRON? I have a book talk on its specification but don't have its source code.

Thanks.

Regards,
Tom

I thinking that uITRON, not OS, but OS interface specification ....

https://www.rtems.com/

Standards Compliant
POSIX 1003.1b API including threads
RTEID/ORKID based Classic API (similar to pSOS+)
TCP/IP including BSD Sockets
uITRON 3.0 API
GNU Toolset Supports Multiple Language Standards
ISO/ANSI C
ISO/ANSI C++ including Standard Template Library
Ada95 with GNAT/RTEMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back