Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which RF simulator is Better ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello
due 2 my experience in that field i tell u it depends man on ur application, 4 instance, ADS is the best for system level simulation, layout design and momentum analysis.

mws is the best tool yet suitable for 3D-EM analysis of planar structures.

AWR is intermadiate in my opinion.

goodluck ! :wink:

Hfss is strong in EM simulation, and ADS is good for most circuits and system design. I use them for my RF projects.

I agree with consensus on MWO for beginner and moving up to @DS once you had learn your ropes. There some Ansoft tools too to consider, like Nexxim for circuit and of course HFSS. Cadence SpectreRF is very good for RFIC.

Hi,

In my case, I need to simulate antennas. I will try the free demo version of SuperNec from Poynting. I wonder if it exist any softwares then that. I need some suggestions beause I'm a beginner too. Once I'm familiare with the antenna part, I need to simulate the whole system. I mean the generator (transmitter or receiver) which related to the transmisson line and then pug to the antenna and see the results ( output results). Any suggestions will appericate.

Thanks,

Mica

I use Momentum in @ds 2003c for high frequency simulation. Compared to other simulators, I think Momentum has many advantages as following:

-- Easy to configure device structure. Structure can be easily configured and modified in substrate configuration.

-- Adequate accuracy, especialyy for single layer planar stucture.

-- Less simulation time than true 3D simulators, such as HFSS.

But because Momentum is only a 2D or 2.5D simulator, it's not very suitable for complex multilayer structure.

HFSS, which I'm learning now, is more difficult to draw structure and more complex to set boundary and ports, but accurater than Momentum. Just my opinion.

hi everyone,
I promote the HFSS 8.x, because HFSS 9.x need good performance PC and run slowly on the same case.
The @DS2003 is also good on the RF CKT simulation.
Deanh

how about eagleware ??? does it is a goot tool ????? and for what ?????

Why not try E@glew@re? it's a complete and fast and easy to use RF beginners and professionals.
You can prove and fast your designs much better than @DS and others. I think the suites' circuits fuction and filter fuction is No.1 in simulation.
I changed my soft from @DS to E@glew@re the first time I tried it.

tch2000 said:
I use the MWS & XFDTD

CST MWS does this software have a frequency dependant material feature?

Thanks,

Mica

Yes,

MWS has several dispersion models included for the Time Domain Solvers.

If you use the MWS freq. domain solver, you are not limited at all.

F.

RFSimulator said:
Yes,

MWS has several dispersion models included for the Time Domain Solvers.

If you use the MWS freq. domain solver, you are not limited at all.

F.

If I have to choose one of them ( CST MWS vs XFDTD) which do you prefere for a beginner and also, it can simulate a variety of antenna ( thin wire through complex sturctures). I will do design antenna. If you can choose, then list things which a software should for antenna design.

Thanks,

Mica

I think that @ds or spectreRF would be fine. They arent that hard to use, try those.

for circuit ads is better.
for Mw filed hfss is better

though the use of ads is difficult ,i think it is a big company ,and it has a long life.
hfss is very yange de

recently i compared HFSS and ADs2003 for via fences. I go with HFSS on that. Waveguide simulations are faster and accurate in HFSS

Hi, any suggestion about imulator other than ADS and SpectreRF? You know they are expensive and most small companies can not afford. How about hspice or smartspice?

Now, I found CST MWS is also good, especially for broadband antennas.

It is very convenient and accurate to use ADS for RF simulation, Just use it, and you'll find your get a right choice.

Which is the best for system simulate?
What about the @nsoft serenade?

My choice

1. ads
2. awr
3. cst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back