Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which programing language ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowcrawler

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Which is the best programing language to learn.
I want it use it to communicate with a µC via the serial or USB-port.

I'm thinking about one of these:
Visual Basic
Visual C
Delphi

Visual Basic, in my opinion, is the easiet one if you wish to communicate with uC via serial communication. For USB communication, you need a specific driver. You can try using USB-Serial (USB-RS232) chip frm FDTI https://www.ftdichip.com/

Thanks, I will take a look at visual basic.

from your choice list ... VB is the best.. however... i would recommend PicBasicPro...

The µC I can program(asambler and picbasic ;-)) that is no problem.
I was only asking a programlanguage for the PC.

this topic has been discussed numerous of times. and if im not mistaken it wasnt discussed in greek or latin :D so all you need to do is a little bit of search. basically the question is what do you like? people here come from all types of backgrounds. some started in Basic and some started in Pascal and some started with C. so there will be as many opinions as the number of members here.

the question is not which language is good. the question is that how can you use your language for your needs. first choose any popular language and then do some projects with it. then if you get stuck with it then ask others. there will definitely be a way out because you can do anything with a language that can be done by any other language. you just need to get deeper into roots of your language

If you are used to programming in PicBasic, then you will probably find Visual Basic a little more familiar.

If you use VB 2005 you can use the System.IO.Ports class

This makes serial communication pretty trivial.

See **broken link removed**

Sending via serial is as easy as (sorry for the C# example… but it is one of the cleanest examples I’ve seen.)

Code:
// This is a new namespace in .NET 2.0 that contains the SerialPort class
using System.IO.Ports;

private static void SendSampleData()
{
  // Instantiate the communications port with some basic settings
  SerialPort port = new SerialPort("COM1", 9600, Parity.None, 8, StopBits.One);

// Open the port for communications
  port.Open();

// Write a string
  port.Write("Hello World");

// Write a set of bytes
  port.Write(new byte[] {0x0A, 0xE2, 0xFF}, 0, 3);

// Close the port
  port.Close();
}

Receiving is just as easy.

You can see https://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/y2sxhat8.aspx for a more indepth example in VB.

I think delphi is the best because it has many components for handshaking easily with ports

C#2.0 is best Language to learn

i dont like vb....

i dont what is working under program in VB

i prefer visual C........

Dont Prefer that C,
I will suggest u

i think u shd go for visual basic!!

I have only one question to ask.

Which language from the ones you posted will you be most comfortable in ?

Which one will be most useful to you ?

How much time are you willing to invest ?

because of many sample codes on the internet and also being a standard programming language among engineers, I think it's better to use a language based on C.

C# is easy to learn but if your application needs to be very fast to handle fast i/o, it's not good.

visual C is fast and standard among many engineers but it's not so easy to learn and needs more time.

i advise C-Builder because, it's both based on C and also its faster than C#. (Delphi is somehow like CBuilder)

Added after 1 minutes:

if you have time to learn, visual c is the best

Added after 1 minutes:

and if you are sure you never have to do very fast programming, c# is the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back