Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which program of PCB is used to do the images of the Elektor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplicio

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
which program of PCB is used to do the images of the magazine elektor?

Fernando

Re: which program of PCB is used to do the images of the Ele

Hello friends, which anybody knows the program CAD PCB that the personnel uses to edit the electronic circuits of the magazine elektor (https://www.elektor.de)? I am needing to do some electronic circuits for a magazine.

simplicio

Drawing a circuit using a CAD software and printing it using a printer is very different from publishing it in books or magazine. They hv to be of of quality that the publisher approved for printing. Therefore the drawing hv to be processed further to improved its appearance (text size, fonts, graphics, layout etc..).

I believe they (Elektor) either using very expensive package or using std package and processed it before prining.
The std package available are Cadence Allegro & OrCAD, Mentor Graphics, Cadstar, Zuken and of course Altium (Protel) which I am using and I think the cheapest.

simplicio

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Is that so?

It always seemed to me that the boards looked like they were laid out in something more like easy-pc/boardmaker :)

simplicio

Hi,
According to the the Swedish version of Elektor nr 6/2005, they use Splan from Abacom.

Regards,
//wyatt

simplicio

as it is bad this program splan....

simplicio

They use Splan for schematics, and very special versions of Ultiboard and Orcad for PCBs.

Regards,
//wyatt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back