Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which position is better?Embedded Engr OR ELECTRONICS Field Application Engr in

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajit back

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have completed BE in electronics
please tel me which position is better?????????

THANKS
8)

both are equally good.. depends on your area of interest always....

embedded engineering is more of lab work and field engineer involves lot of travel to sites ( places where equipment is installed) ... there will be no development in ELECTRONICS Field Application Engr, its maintanence....
in embedded you have lot of scope to learn

I believe field application engineer gets more exposure to broader level since working with different customer provides knowledge of different applications. Also, better communication skills with a drawback of excessive travelling. Not sure, how both are related in hands-on technical growth.

field application engineer will be in front of customers more and this has advantages and disadvantages depending on the business and your own personality. If your business does well by customers they will be happy to see you and the experience will be more positive. If they don't, you will be spending a lot of time putting out fires and smoothing customer relations. Before taking a job as a field applications engineer at a specific company, do your homework on the company and their customers to see what you are getting yourself into.

Do you need more clarification

thanks
it mean that Emb eng is good for economically as wel as mentally

rit now i am working as embedded engr, i got the new offer as FAE with more salary./...............
thats wat i asked
k thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back