Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which poly resistor to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlgr

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
I'm designing the biasing circuit (a simple one) for LNA, which kind of resistor should I use?? available: Unsalicided P+, N+ poly resistors and High rho resistors, all of them over psub or nwell

thanks in advanced

Depends on
  • required resistance value
  • required temperature dependence

hi erickl, I need a minimum resistance of 2k and no more than 10k will be required (til now). about temperature dependence, I'm just beginning with rf design, I don’t know yet which will be my requirement, so if you (or anyone) could give me some tips (some kind of comparison between my different options for resistor) will be very helpful. What I do need to minimize is noise; I’m designing a narrow band LNA for 2.4 GHz.
Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:53 ----------

umc 90, for more information

I'd suggest to use a poly resistor in this case.

thanks for your advice
P+ or N+? over psub or nwell?

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

and another favor, could you tell me why or where to find more information about it?

P+ or N+? over psub or nwell?
Doesn't really matter. Just put it close to the device to which you have to connect it to. Preferably P+poly over psub, or N+poly over nwell (same doping as the bulk tap).

could you tell me ... where to find more information about it?
Should be found in your PDK user guide / docu.

thanks a lot erikl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back