Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which platform is best for EDA Tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodMan

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

Who can tell me about...

Intel Core 2 Due + which linux version or
AMD 64 AM2 + which linux version

which is best for synopsys EDA Tool ?

have a nice day !!

AMD Opteron and RHEL 3.0 64-bit version.

Will run things like:
Cadence IC 5.1.41, IC 6.10, SoC
Synopsys DC, PT, ICC
Mentor ModelSim
Synplicity

Good support for popular tools.

Both Intel and AMD are good for the EDA. I think that the performance of Intel core 2 dual is better than AMD. Choose SUSE or Red Hat Linux 64 bit version

Concerning EDA, The performance of the Intel Core 2 Duo is not as fast as the AMD Opteron. The Intel 64-bit Xeon is comparable to the AMD Opteron.

Be carefull with the OS, not the hardware

Hi

1. OS: (linux kernel 2.4)

*. Redhat 7.1, 7.2, RHEL3, Mandrake 9.2

2. Bits: (32) (yet, and it will be soon 64 with vendors support)

tnx

Hi Its Simple ,

WHich ever the EDA tool you want to use , open the datasheet of the tool , at the end of the datasheet will have these details to choose for the platform support. It depends on the need and the usage.

hai,

u can use debian linux 3.1 sarge for EDA tools Built in other wise u can go for the image aviable as i remembered i downloaded throgh google search use key word eda tools for linux

Status
Not open for further replies.