Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which PCB software is most recomendable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
fro normal boards (Not high speed boards) use PCAD
For high speed boards use CAdence (Allegro)

for schematic concept hdl or orcad
for layout allegro and specctra
and for simulation hyperlynx

if you use these tool then actually you comes to know the important as i used almost all pcb tool for one or more project.

nikhil

vinceliang said:
Hi, I am new to PCB design. Can anyone tell me which PCB design software is most recomendable for use?

If you are iniciating in pcb design, you could use a freeware version of EAGLE.

I'm using Altium Protel DXP (A L T I U M _ P R O T E L _ D X P) and it's the better I have use.

By,

GuillerMo (AR)

I would prefer Altium Protel DXP. It is advanced and easier to use.

depends on your work
for beginner, Protel is ok

EAGLE for beginners, Protel for serious hobbyists (who use FPGA/SSOP) and definitely Altium for production houses.

This all comes from my personal experience and I will always stand by it... hope all the others agree too.

Hi to all,
is very hardly to say what kind of software is the best...depend on what you have to do and what's the time that you have !!!!
Many of the PCB reach the target ( a good final pcb ) but not at the same time and not all have so many powerfull features.
If you work in a company that want the job made "yesterday", you need a tool very easy to handle and powerfull like :
- Mentor Expedition - Power PCB
- Zuken CR5000 or Cadstar
for not professional use all are quite good...

mkbs:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back