Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which PCB software is most recomendable for RF design

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxxjssc

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
I am going to design PCB with RF signal upto 1G, so which tool would you like to recomended most? is there any tool that could help me to calculate microstrip line on PCB.
Regards
fxxjssc

fxxjssc said:
Dear all,
I am going to design PCB with RF signal upto 1G, so which tool would you like to recomended most?

Any serious PCB CAD will do it if you know what do you want. Pads, Protel, Orcad, PCAD, Target 3000, even Eagle in manual mode.
is there any tool that could help me to calculate microstrip line on PCB.

Microwave Office
Regards
fxxjssc

I think Allegro (Cadence tool) will help you

u can use ADS , or MWO they are good

but they are for RF PCB

khouly

If you looking only for PCB design any good PCB Design Software will do,PADS,PCAD,ORCAD...

you can use polar calculater for calculating the microstrip line for pcb

Any available tool with you can do this job. It is upto you how effectively you use it
And for matter of calculation application you go with your hand calculation that is better.
I am using orcad it is best for me .

if you are for RF layout , i think boardstation will be your best choose, because there are some ADS lib in boardstation, you can directly edit these lib used for RF design in BS, you maybe do a attempt.

The question asked from fxxjssc are not simple.

Some RF simulator (MWoffice) for Design complex RF circuitry, have a link for pcb CAD, but RF simulator not are for pcb draft and gerber or other pcb manufacturing out format.

Most RF simulator and RF designer know only dxf format, very not usefull format for pcb draft.

MWOffice have interface for Mentor, if i remember well, i don't know if the interface work well or are usefull. The interface are another problem for different releases of pcb CAD, and RF simulators.

Probably Hi-end CAD, like Men tor or Cad ence have some specific features for RF pcb's, but i don't know if they are very powerfull.

The feedback from Board Station, or Allegro users are appreciate ! Other pcb's CAD i know not are for a specific RF design.

Any other feedback from experienced pcb designers are welcome !

Skywalker.

Recommend ADS from agilent as it has momentum simulation as well besides the layout . The gfx is excellent too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back