Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which PCB designer program to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scharmh

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
proteus ares autorouter

Hi,
I would like to know which PCB designer programs there are in the field thanks

interface cadstar specttra

I use Protel it is a good one i think it is the most popular also

scharmh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
P-cad is also quite good and remembers more the old Tango

scharmh

Well Orcad can be a choice when u want just to simulate the circuit but for real PCB design i recommend Protel

scharmh

Protel is the best you can't beat I've tried all others and think Protel beats all others

well that's my 2 pennies worth anyway

wizpic

The easiest way to route a simple PCB design is
Sprint Layout,
another choise is Cadsoft EAGLE
Try them for free.

Actually I use Protel 99SE, in past, ive used PCAD2002, ACCEL14 and ACCEL15 (Old PCAD version) and Eagle them.

Protel are much easy draw electronic diagrans and rout pcb...

Gorkin

i once talked to an Altium dealer and he said that PCAD is better than Protel. he said that most people like Protel because they havent used PCAD all their life. he also said that PCAD is more expensive than Protel so that also explains why it is better (although im skeptic about this statement).

these were his thoughts. what do you guys say?

protel in the past was not so strong but it was easy to use,but current version of protel DXP 2004 +SP2,3,4 is very good and strong enough for many designs.

I think it is very user friendly and you can integrates with other autorouters like as spectra and electra.

The two mainstream PCB design packages in professional commercial use are PADS PCB and Cadstar. Both around the £10K mark for decent options. The programs mentioned above are realy for the hobiest. If you want to earn money doing pcb design in industry, learn to use PADS PCB and/or Cadstar!

Well, I myself prefer Protel 99SE, since it does have that pretty SPECCTRA interface... you know, I pesonally think that SPECCTRA is the ultimate autorouter on this planet (well, I JUST THINK SO, please don't blame me if it's far too wrong!)

I'm using Orcad Layout plus since few year..and i found it a perfact tool for pcb design. it has many decent features like gird base or grid less routing, flexibility to/from import/export various other CAD tools, elegent schematic editor etc..

I agree with wahabmalik. Orcad Layout Plus is nice especially when used in cooperation with capture. The only thing is that the drawing tool is akward at first. Haven't used much else but thats my two cents.

Pr*tel is compatible with PCB manufacturing

You can use Proteus Ares or Eagle programs.

hi

i like ARES FROM LABCENTER it is easy to used i have tried lot cad designing programs but finaly i manage that ARES is the best choise among hobiest now it also support electra auto router

Mentor PADS Layout / PADS Logic are easy to use like PROTEL 99SE.
But, Cadence Allegro is Robust, as it is more design rules / constraints that can be set and Simulator to study SI, EMC / EMI issues. Candence Allegro is in much demand now-a-days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back