Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which parameter is most important to LDO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

renwl

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PSR, line regulation, noise or quiescent current?

is the requirement of LDO for RF different from the LDO for others?

Load regulation is important, power-down power consumption is specified for full-blown products.

RF LDO's vs. low-speed LDO's vs. ... etc.

I don't know, I guess at the end of the day you're governed by specs. May be a more experienced designer could give us his feedback.

thanks.the quiescent current mentioned is not power-down current. how many types LDO are there?

I think you've hit most of the important parameters; I would add the stability (gainand phase margin) and thermal dissipation design into the mix.

yes,the stability is the basic function requirement. However, the noise and PSR requirement is very strict in RF application. why is it more important, not the other parameter?

The noise is an important parameter for LDO Design, I think.

LDO is a low-dropout voltage regulator.
voltage regulator needs to produce a stable output voltage.
in order to get a stable voltage, stability is the first parameter you should consider.
line regulation and load regulation are used to evaluate LDO's performance.
efficiency and noise should also be considered for high performance applications.

is the requirement of LDO for RF different from the LDO for the audio? if it's different,why?

stability is the most impt. one as foremost req. of LDO is to keep o/p constant...

What the most important parameters ALWAYS depend on where you put your LDO. Say for a integrated MCU product, then Q-current and stability are the most important parameters. Load regulation plays the second hand importance and finally the line regulation. Noise or PSRR also play a part but comparatively not the most important.

If you put LDO into some sensitive analog blocks as power like PLL, ADC, noise and PSRR are the most important paramters as mainly we used LDO for noise cancellation.

As a result, always thick of applications first before we got an answer from questions. Otherwise, ppl will throw a whole bunches of answers to you without helping you much finally.

the requirement of LDO for RF should be a little bit higher than that for Audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back