Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which one is the most standard LCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimlix

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I am starting a new design for an industrial project. Basically it is a small embedded system and we have to add a small display in order to give the operator some messages (alarms, current status, etc.).

We are going to use a basic and typical LCD, that's enough for this system, something with backlight and 16x4 or 20x4 characters.

The question is, which one is the most standard LCD for this project? Because I am afraid of using a part that could be hard or difficult to find in our usual dealers (Mouser, Farnell, Amidata) in 2 or more years. I need something we can buy easily when want to manufacture more PCBs.

Any idea or advice?

the most standard lcd is hitachi 4480 lcd. its can be interface with 4 bit or 8 bit interface. try that first. its the most basic.

Reactions: Gimlix

Gimlix

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back