Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which one is called grid station and which one is sub station ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dineshdeshmuk

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Which one is called grid station and which one is sub station ?

2) A sub station is the place where we convert 132KV into 11KV with the help of Step Down transformer.

1) Grid Station is the place where we generate the electricity i.e where we generate the power.

Right ?

If you define the grid as the highest voltage level in the electricity transportation system, than everything connected to it would be a grid station. The next voltage level below would have substations. But I am not an expert on grid and the definition might vary from country to country. Here is what wiki has: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_substation .

Enjoy your search on Carrot!

If you define the grid as the highest voltage level in the electricity transportation system, than everything connected to it would be a grid station. The next voltage level below would have substations. But I am not an expert on grid and the definition might vary from country to country. Here is what wiki has: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_substation .

when there's 132 KV then what would be KVA ?

when there's 11 KV then what would be KVA ?

Does it depend on Transformer ?

Maybe this helps: **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back