Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which one do you prefer EP4CE6 or EP2C8 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

manili

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all
I want to buy a FPGA for processor design purposes which means the FPGA have to meet the following features :
1. A lot of memory blocks for RAM or SRAM
2. Number of I/O interfaces is not very important
3. Need good clock speed
4. Other features for processor design !

Which one do you prefer ( B/W EP4CE6 vs. EP2C8 ) ?

Thanks a lot

Cyclone IV v.s. Cyclone II?

You also posted this on more than one forum (), I've always frowned upon cross posting on different forums. Shows me that you don't care if people on multiple forums answer the question and waste their time. :thumbsdown:

Cyclone IV is on a more recent process node and is going to be faster, less power, more logic, less cost, less likely to be obsoleted. Look at this chart:
https://www.altera.com/products/fpga/cyclone-series.html

Cyclone II 2004
Cyclone IV 2009

Today is 2015...

How about using a part from this decade!

On a side note...they sure must have a lot of left over die available, since they still recommend Cyclone @130 nm for new designs. I kind of doubt they still have a foundary that produces 130 nm. :???:

Last edited:

First of all thanks for you replay
Did you notice the versions I mentioned ?
Take a look at these links :
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back