Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which MOSFETs are more reliable, IXYS or IR ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rauol

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ixys failures

Which company Mosfets are reliable IR ir IXYS.

Re: IXYS or IR Mosfet

If I asked you which car brand is better: TOYOTA or HONDA, what would you say?
I guess we are more familiar with the IR-family, but it doesn't mean anything ..

Regards,
IanP

I think that the maximum voltage, current, and temperature rating of the device you select for either company compared to the values in your circuit will have more effect on reliability than the differences in manufacturing methods.

Thanx For the reply.

I am using IRFP 460 in one of my application. there is an equivalent IXTQ22N50P
from IXYS which is more expensive than the IR part. The distributer for the IXYS part claims that IXYS mosfets are more reliable compared to IR parts.
The distributer of APT (Advance power technology) was claiming that his Mosfet with similar rating are the most reliable and they are priced approximately 5 times the cost of IRFP460. I am confused and dont know which Meke to use. the application demand a more reliable product and i am selecting the best components from reputed manufacturers.
The Capacitors also i am sourcing for United Chemicon and not going with the cheaper Korean counterparts.

I will not Know the INfant Mortality failures of Both devices unless i use say around
1000 nos of each device.
I just wanted to Know if the process of IXYS is superior to the IR process.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back