Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which Microcontroller to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmad Abbas

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have to do comparison between microcontrollers companies ( mainly Microchip vs. Atmel).

& I have made a quick survey .

So if any one has any modification or comment to help me.

Regards

A.Abbas

Salam-o-Alikum!
Abbas i have been working with PIC for the past 2 years, they are excellent but now i have also started with the AVR series. The issue of comparision has already been discussed on this forum.
My opinion is that one should be able to work with both the architectures since both has got its own advantages and disadvantages.
Allah Hafiz.

It is depend how many input and how many output u want to use, because both atmel and microchip have their own architecture, and assembly language instruction set. Some of the chip have their built in memory or no memory( external rom.
U have to make sure how large your program, some of the chip have their limitation of memory.

As salamu alikum.

I agree with pangloong. Normally none should compare in this way. I think each company targets a part of the market not the whole. It is also quiet impossible; because the main target of microcontrollers are to use for particular job.

So, when you have the target and when you know the IOs, ADC, PWM, USB, and other ports you need then you would search a particular microcontroller for your job. That would be made by any company.

From my little experience I saw that sometimes unknown company provides the perfect solution for a particular job.

The AVR is stronger, But PIC is lower in the cost

Status
Not open for further replies.