Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which microcontroller to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphonsjp

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all
As part of my project work i've to fix a microcontroller. My specifications includes 1. I need to read sensor's output using ADC. 2. Process and to produce audio visual alarms. 3. I need the features to send sms and any other control features. 4. should complete the task within a prescribed time( fast response). 5. It should be cost effective too. So please help me to find a good microcontroller with these specifications. Please reply fast.. It is urgent..

The micro needs to have ADC and Vref+ pin if you want to adjust reference voltage for ADC, LEDs and LCD can be used for Visual Alarams, so you need digital IO port, to send SMS you need UART. The other required features are ROM and RAM size. ROM size should be sufficient to hold your code. I think 4 to 8 KB is enough.

There are numerous microcontrollers which could fulfill your requirements, too many to list in fact.

You need to elaborate on your designs specific requirements.

A requirement/preference you have not specified is package type, DIP, Quad, etc.

What are the voltage/power limitations and requirements of your design, battery, regulated power from mains, etc?

If you intend on interfacing the microcontroller with a GSM/GPRS module what are its power and interface requirements?

Also when someone asks which microcontroller is best for a particular project, I typically ask them:

Which microcontroller families do you have previous experience?

What compiler and coding tools do you already possess and feel comfortable using?

Do you already own any programmer/debugger hardware, if so specify for which microcontroller families.

BigDog

Thank you so much sir.
Could you please suggest among 8051, PIC,ARDUINO, ARM which one will be better.. This project aims at very reliable and cost effective system. So which one would be better among them?
There are numerous microcontrollers which could fulfill your requirements, too many to list in fact.

You need to elaborate on your designs specific requirements.

A requirement/preference you have not specified is package type, DIP, Quad, etc.

What are the voltage/power limitations and requirements of your design, battery, regulated power from mains, etc?

If you intend on interfacing the microcontroller with a GSM/GPRS module what are its power and interface requirements?

Also when someone asks which microcontroller is best for a particular project, I typically ask them:

Which microcontroller families do you have previous experience?

What compiler and coding tools do you already possess and feel comfortable using?

Do you already own any programmer/debugger hardware, if so specify for which microcontroller families.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.