Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which microcontroller compatible with LIS331HH MEMS sensor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richa_eda

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please tell me the proper microcontroller which i can interface with MEMS vibration sensor LIS331HH.
I found out one option i.e. MSP430x20x2 microcontroller, it is compatible with SPI interface, is this a proper one?

also suggest me can i use 89C51 for this purpose???

please mail me the answer...
mailID : richab.0202@gmail.com

Re: which microcontroller compatible with LIS331HH MEMS sens

The sensor you mentioned have both I2C and SPI interfaces, Most micro controllers these days have in-built SPI's, apart from it you can make your own software driven I2C on any microcontroller with two GPIO pins.

Thanx 4 reply...
see i got one microcontroller MSP430x20x2 ...it's compatible to SPI..
so may i use this one..
if i can use that then which editor will be required 4 coding ..Keil or some other

choosing a micro controller:

Yes, you can use this but

If your using this microcontroller cause it has a SPI then you may not use it, you need to consider many other facts and requierments of your project, as SPI is almost present in most of the Uc's.

In choosing an IDE:

Only requirement in choosing an IDE is that it should support the micro controller that you're using.

After this, You need to see which compilers do these IDE support and how much costly they are or are free and also you need to then check how much you would be comfortable using it in terms of support you can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.