Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which Linux is good for ARM7TDMI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvp

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
uclinux gui

Hello Friends..
I need to port OS to ARM7TDMI. I heard that embedded linux is the best. Which Linux is good for the same.Is RTLinux or uCLinux?
Regards
Poly Kitty

Re: RTLinux or uCLinux???

nvp,
I am working with uclinux and I think that it is better because I found more help and technical support.

Best regards,
Dienal

Hi dienal,

What is the ARM7TDMI chip that you use? Have you experienced graphic interface? If yes, what about the size needed to load uCLinux with GUI?

ThX

NeuralC

Could you please give us some good books about UCLinux development for ARM ? Thank you so much

**broken link removed**

It is link is very interest and have all information and development for particular application.
You have download the papers.

I don't have experience in graphics interface.
I am working with AT75C220 and coldfire.

Best regards,
Dienal

I guess the uClinux doen't make use of MMU. If your CPU has MMU and you want to make use of it. You can use a normal kernel and small file system from uclinux. It is also quite stable and powerful. But my last project is on powerpc.

It's true, uCLinux doesn't use MMU

If u wanna use MMU, u can try snapgearlinux.
It also based on uClinux, and add MMU functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.