Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which language to learn: VB.NET or Delphi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mozfet

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.
I'm planning to learn a visual compiler for Windows
and I'm hesitating between VB.NET (or maybe VB6) and
Delphi 7. What could you advice me? Which one is more
powerfull and perspective? What are the + and the - for
both of them? I see the .NET framework is everywhere.
According to Micro$oft VB.NET is several times faster
and more advanced compared to VB6???
I'll use the compiler mainly for creating users
interface programs for transfering data between a PC
and 8-bit MCUs.
What are your views?

______
Rgrds
Mozfet

vb.net vs delphi

Both the vb.net and delphi can meet your requirement. The advantage of vb.net over delphi is the .net framework supported that is very suitable for multiple platform of programming such as smart-phone application development. However, if your purpose in learning programming is to program mcu through your pc, I think VB6 is sufficient to perform your implementation.

vb.net vs delphi.net

hi
in delfhi components are very easy to use i think
but both vb and delphi are easy to program 8)

visual basic .net vs delphi

Hi, i like Delphi. It easy and very strong .You can find components in https://www.torry.net .

delphi vs visual basic .net

both do the the job but if i were you i would stick with VB.NET. better features, more stable end product.

delphi.net vs visual basic.net

Delphi is far and away superior to VB, lets face it, visual basic is a load of crap! You cant build a powerful programming language if your underlying code is BASIC. Goto cuckoo land! VB is for people who cant program and want to learn.

delphi vs vb use

I prefer to VB.NET rather than Delphi. I'm very familiar with Delphi, but I think Delphi just waiting for its death, because in the future Windows only support managed code (.NET).

the Delphi.Net don't gain much support from Delphi programmers, I think it will be useful for me to learn C-sharp rather than learn Delphi.Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back