Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which language is better for image_processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinaiee

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
which of the following languages are the best for image processing programming?
delphi
vb
matlab
vc
i want a simple and fast language.

of course matlab since it has a set of commands that support image manipulation and processing and also has image processing tool bok

matlab has a seperate tool box for image processing. but according to me when u use matlab u won't learn anything. for time purpose u can simulate something and verify.

from the list u quoted - use VC that'll me more interesting. My suggestion is go for GTK.

sinaiee said:
which of the following languages are the best for image processing programming?
delphi
vb
matlab
vc
i want a simple and fast language.

matlab is good for prototyping. If you want to squeeze the speed, go for a C/C++ compiler like MSVC++. AFAIK Matlab can generate the relevant (maybe all :?: ) C/C++ source code and then you can work on the source code to tweak the speed as needed.

VB is not recommended, I've tried it once for steganography and it turns out that the VC++6 version runs 8-10 times faster (using RDTSC on Intel P3 Processor). I think that delphi is just the same as vb in terms of speed too.

greetz,
PCZ

matlab is the best language for image processing.
check for image processing projects on matlabcentral.com

matlab is the best tool for DIP u can implement all types of transfer functions and filters in no time see their graphs histograms etc because of all these built in functions MATLAB IS THE KING

u need MATLAB for easy processing of images...
u need c++/delphi for interfacing the image devices.... i dont know if matlab can do it. you ned the combination of thiese two ....

MATLAB can also be used for interfacing the image devices.

a professor told me that MATLAB has a more powerful maths library than VC++ so it is better to use MATLAB. but the problem is that MATLAB is usually used to "develop" algorithms and that kind of stuff is for professors. if you are just using the image processing toolbox then you arent doing anything new. so you can use the MATLAB functions in VC++ using mex files.

just my two cents

hi ...
for me u can use:

MATLAB for verification, testing the algorithm coz its contain lot of math library and also Image processing toolbox...

using C/C++ for development process coz which u have to develop the code/system from the scratch but quite diffucult.

use VB/Delphi/VC++ for GUI.

Matlab is very good language for image processing
But why shouldn't you try LabVIEW with IMAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back