Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which language for communicate uc and Pc with GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

volkan

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all;
My project is about controlling a battery system and showing the special datas on PC with a GUI.
I want to ask , which one i should use for to take datas from microcontroller and show it with some figures on PC screen.
I haven't too much knowledge about communicating microcontroller and pc. I know C and some C# but i heart that visual basic is easiest one for it. Is it true?. I have not so much time to implement the PC software part of this project so i should choose the fastest way, if you send me some project samples like this(only PC software part of project) pls send me the links. And any other sources (books,links,project samples etc..) for your advice..
Thank you all
Regards

If you know C, perhaps you should write your code in Visual C++
I agree, visual C is comport if you want to use GUi, but you must understand about OOP.

if u want to interface in C

see parallel port e-book on

www.bibinjohn.tk

if u are using USB then see USB Complete on same website

omicron said:
Try Using Lab windows :sm2:

what's that?

Added after 1 minutes:

you can try Java,

a bit slower than normal program,

but programming is more comfortable than Visual C++,

and it's free (the JDK) from Sun.

Simplest communication is RS232 via COM port.

I think that the easiest and the best is LABVIEW. It offers many advantages, if u use C, it doesnot have a very good GUI and u have to write many lines to perform a simple task and to give your program a good look, Visual basic is easier than C but again, if u want to do something advance like receiving the signal serially and than applying discrete fourier series to it ....or some thing like that...then it will be not easy to do this on VB. Therefore i think Labview is best for all applications.

Lab Windows is the hybrid of Labview & C. Developed by same NI people. I have used it to interface UC (8051) and PC using serial interface. The GUI is same as Labview but at back C coding is running.

try to use c++ builder, its very easy to combine with UART ( serial communication)
, i think i can help u if u choose c++ builder

I used Visual Basic and it is easy because there is already a serial communications control included. Refer to previous posts for links. I used them too.

thank you all, i hope i will choose suitable one for me..

volkan said:
thank you all, i hope i will choose suitable one for me..

you have gotten really confused havent you?? well the problem is that all computer languages can communicate with external hardware. and people on this board have a great variety of programming backgrounds. so everyone will tell you what is easy for him. this will only make things worse. the solution is that you tell us what language you like to work with. then someone proficient in that particular language will tell you how to communicate with your microcontroller. so it depends on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back