Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which is the best software for PCB design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is the easiest to use pcb software

This question is like asking...what is the best vehicle...without giving a price range. We all would love to drive a $500,000 car, but few could afford it, thus the question is wrong.

The question should be:
What is the best Schematic Capture & PCB Layout Software in the ranges of:
#1 - Free.
#2 - Less than $100 USD.
#3 - Less than $1000 USD.
#4 - Less than $5000 USD.
#5 - Any price.

The above ranges will depend upon whether it is being purchased by a student, home hobbiest, small business, large business; because each one has a different range of budget to spend on it.

There are lots of killer software packages that I would love to use at home, but they are too expensive.

I am looking for a home hobbiest software. I want tools that are reasonably good, but not so limited that it is a joke. I can't justify spending $2000 or $5000. I would like to buy OrCAD Capture for Schematic capture, but it is $1729 USD, and OrCAD PCB Designer Basics is $4999 USD; which is above my hobby budget!

This is a very cool concept, integration with Digi-Key part database, but it is even more money, because you have to get the OrCAD Capture CIS, which is $4355 USD, plus the DigiKey database which is $1174, arg!!!!!!!
**broken link removed**

best pcb software

I've used those:

1) Or CAD: Not Free. Very good.

2) Eagle: Almost Free. I don't feel comfortable with it.

3) Kicad: Free. I use it sometimes when a want to see my boards in 3D, the UI is not so good. I know that you can make the same (3D viws) in Eagle, but i don't like it. It's really easy to make a new 3D package with Wings. Wings is where you design the 3D packages.

Regards.

top pcb software

im using dxp 2004 for my layout .im having prob to make teardrop ..so anyone can help me ???

the best program pcb

Why nobody mention ExpressPCB? I think its good for the first time user because its easy to learn.

best pcb drawing software

oh, it is protel in Altium desginer packet

for ever

best pcb designe software

Every one has thier own style of designning as per ones own requirement and likings. This may be an endless topic regarding "Which is the best software for PCB design?" Every software is good in its own aspects having its own merrits and demerrits for every user. Same applies to the topic "Which is the best Antivirus software" too.

best pcb board design programme

I used EAGLE, OrCAD 9.2, Altium-6 and now start to learn Allegro. We use Mentor Graphics, too.
1. EAGLE is cheap, easy to learn, has very strong link between schematic and PCB (if you open BOTH, any changes in schematic will be reflected on PCB, and system does not allow you to change net-list from PCB). Part can have many footprint connected to symbol and you can swap them any time.
A lot of libraries and scripts are available. And you can write your own script, if you want.
Autorouter is not strong. No simulation, no RF support.
2. OrCAD 9.2 was terrible - both schematic and PCB layout was inconvenient to use and "help" to make mistakes (as make sporadic new connection or breaking existing circuit, or place two via in the same place). Yes, if you follow the roles... stll, it was nervous job...
3. Altium-6 is powerful, (but we could not afford simulator or FPGA layout), has some RF support.
Learning is not easy - my project leader (who was familiar with Protel-99, the root of Altium-6) called tecnhical support every second day.
4. Allegro/Cadence has everything - but, again, we could not afford FPGA or IC design (we use Mentor Graphics to design IC). We started one month ago - and we still cannot use it. Manual is useless - with my bad English, I was able to find only the sentences as " X is very powerful tool... Y does everything for you... ...only we have Z..." and no word where to find X,Y and Z and how to make them work.
So, if you need something urgent - forget Allegro.

5. The most power auto-router is "TopoR" (can import schematics from OrCAD). Unfortunately, its own schematic capture is not ready yet - but I keep my eye on them, they promise to finish system this summer.

6. If somebody is familiar with "Tina" system? -
- I think it is interesting.

Lev.

best pcb design software?

Yes, it's something that will never end..
I wish it's can give me advice and suggestions on choosing PCB software..

I love PROTEL.. (^.^)"

bst pcb software

Hi,

I am looking into Sch/PCB SW, and we narrowed down choice between Pulsonix and Altium Designer. I checked both (still evaluating) and am satisfied, so the tech side (UI, Options etc) is not a decisive issue. Can someone advise what is better choice, having in mind tech support, SW popularity, probability of SW being improved/neglected by supplier in future, what PCB manufacturers prefer (if they do) etc.

best pcb package for amateurs

I'm use Altium. It's very easy and adaptable for me. but very poor autorute.

best circuit pcb designing software

Thanks, I am also inclined to take it. As for autorouter, I am yet to see the "perfect" one. Even those boards that come with the demo package (and are presumably autorouted) are not that great, there is a room for improvement. As ususal, it is best to place and route critical signals and pwr manualy, then let autorouter quckly do the work and repair it manualy again.

best pcb design software + forums

Proteus is better ...As all feature are integrated in it...Also occupy small size on your HDD.
And easy to learn. And you can easily make professional PCB.

Make schematic --> simulate --> PCB design

altium eagle kicad

Hi, Im Jet , the forum is nice and sensible.. everybody has its own expertise with its used software.. Im a PCB designer here in the Philippines Cebu for about 12 years now and the PCB cad that I use is Circad.. I dont know if it would be the best software but I used it this long till present.. the this software is very portable.. once you made your schematic and pcb layout you can open it in any computer you like without problem like no library for this and that component and the file size remain very small.. the signal tracing from schematic to your layout is very good.. just a matter of alt+n it will bring you to sch or pcb vice versa.. the component building is also very simple.. you can draw it from the pcb file directly or draw it from autocad and export it.. to have very nice detail of the component..and lots more..

tutorial wings create kicad 3d

i think OrCAD

cadence orcad pcb designer with pspice blogspot

Hey Even DipTrace is nice and extremly user friendly... Any1 used it??

best pcb design cad

Am worked in Orcad Layoutplus.but now am learning Allegro,also we are using Pads PCB Expedition(Mentor Graphics)for the design based on customer requirements

Regards
Rajan.K

design pcb comparison

Hey Even DipTrace is nice and extremly user friendly... Any1 used it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back