Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which is the best software for PCB design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
best psb layout software

As my experience, for a starter, Protel is much easier. for a mass production products and design with a big team, mentor expedition is the best. for schematic, OrCAD capture is the most friendly one, the problem is transfer one schematic from OrCAD to mentor always not so nice. for similuation, multisime is very good for simple use, when the requirement higher, PSpice is very good.

best pcb software 2009

Expedition is schematic driven. If part or net is not on the schematic, it won't be on the board. As I am worked in pads it would take time to play with this expedition.

Raj

best pcb layout designer

Zuken is for sure the best.
It has only a small problem: THE PRICE.
If someone can afford the expense, will have a very good product.

Mandi

most used pcb software

Mentor EN is the best I think.

top cad pcb

Does anyone know if Mentor continues the development of Expedition. It seems that since they bought Veribest they are stopping the development. In their web it is not possible to see if they have release for examplo a new version the las two years.

best schematic and pcb software

based on my exprience i prefer Protel for the boards that r not complex that is basic board design, for larger i prefer ORCAD where auto routing is easier.

best circuit board design software

mImoto said:
Does anyone know if Mentor continues the development of Expedition. It seems that since they bought Veribest they are stopping the development. In their web it is not possible to see if they have release for examplo a new version the las two years.

Expedition is Mentor's flagship PCB product. The latest version is WG2005 Service Pack 3, which was released in June of 2007. The next major release should be out by the end of this year.

best pcb software vision

allegro pcb designer is my favorite,and it's a high level tools.

top ten pcb software

I think allegro is very good for designing very complex pcb and pads pcb is also good

worlds best pcb software

Eagle is the best by far I rate it 10/10

**broken link removed**

best buy on pulsonix sw

Tips for the first time designer.

If you are a beginner to PC board layout, we also suggest that you look over our Tips for Making PC Boards web page.

best pcb saftware

Like many people said the cost is fondamental for chosing the pcb cad.
Medium cost : Eagle - Pulsonix
Medium-Hi: PADS - Cadstar
Hi-Very Hi: Mentor - Cadence - Zuken CR5000
otherwise if you need only a free software you could see Eagle or ZenitPCB (is an italien product but the software languages is English and many flash files to learn)

mkbs

the best pcb design tool

orcad is the best tool!

pcb layout tools comparison

How is Sprint Layout ?

top pcb design package

I think Allegro is the best!

compare pcb software

i used preotus
i think it is very good

best pcb design company

I think the problem with Protel / Altium products is that they lack the feature of pushing and shoving tracks when you are routing by hand (non autorouting mode). This is a big thing when you want to make changes to a design, Pads is very good for this reason. I think this feature is mandatory for the best PCB package

Regards
Arthur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back