Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which is the best PIC compiler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cc5x 1k

BoostC and BoostC, get the job done.

best c compiler for pic18

any one know free c compiller that support pic16f877a fully.(no restrictions on code size)
thanks

pcwh compiler buy

I'm New here ,first Post), id just like to add that i use CCS C, in combination with MPLAB. I built the ICD 2 Clone ( from this site), and with that i can debug my hardware and program in my native language C. CCS integrates great into MPLAB, and yes it does have a few problems with its built in commands, but this is how you pay for an easy life.

Read the help file for CCS and most of the clues to why things are not working the way you want them, soon come to light.

Still, as always, I'm looking for something better, i may give C18 a try..

Gary

rsabear (c) 2008 projects

Why not use a good and free compiler?

I like C18 very much :D

These days I almost always use the 18F family and the C18 works very good, and I like the code that it does, of course some assembly is not bad :)

proton plus,dspic

Hi to all,
I use CCS PCWH - very good with nice interface. I'm not planning to use anoher...
reguards

compile with c18

Do NOT use CCS !!.. I have tested all C compilers for PIC's and CCS has most bugs, is making very inefficient use of memory and makes buggy code !!.. I have examples of propper C code that is not compiled propper in CCS, it creates junk code without any warning !!!!...I do program most in ASM so C compilers have no secret for me. Best so far is (price/performance) Sourceboost. C18 for PIC18 devices...

cheapest pic18 compiler

I Use Proton Plus Compiler it's powerful compiler

the best compler for pic programming

you cannot say "Do NOT use CCS !!...."this is your ism and a LIABILITY.
ccs is a powerful and flexible c compiler

pic24 compiler best

hassan1980 said:
I Use Proton Plus Compiler it's powerful compiler

me too..currently i use Proton Development Suite..its suitable for my project, generate small program and powerfull compiler..

pic c compiler best

hai all i think for begeners mikroC compiler is best one

Re: best PIC compiler

as question is best compiler, not easiest to use or whatever...
I would have to say cc5x would have to be close,
When I first started with PIC, I looked at asm instructions, and just DID NOT want
to start using its asm, especially after enjoying 8051 asm(truly).
but the PIC was 12C508. However cc5x just blew me away with how well it produced
code.
The compiler to 1K program is free.
Unfortunately the Pro version is TOO expensive to buy.

However, I have purchased WIZC ,http://www.fored.co.uk/
and very much enjoy using its IDE, with version 12 the code generated is fairly acceptable too.

It should be noted that PIC12/16 is very C compiler UNFRIENDLY, so optimizing code for it is hard work.

Hi to all,
which dsPIC IC is best for voice response robot project. and post the schmetic to design the board for i2s protocol, mic, and with all those necessary components. really i dont know how explain my all need about this board. Pls answer my post from your experience.

best PIC compiler

Personally I would have to say BoostC for price and HitecC + HiTide 3.13 IDE for portability for the 8 bit Pics, and you can directly access the ICD2 from within its ui without touching MPlab which i personally think is horrid to use.

proton ide is also very good....easy to use

Hi
I use mikroc and cc5x. Mikroc has very good collection of library . But cc5x will produce a very compact code.

best PIC compiler

I have used a wide range and still use many compilers: CCS, mikroC, mikroBASIC, MPASM, PICBASIC, C18, C30.
I don't use PICBASIC or CCS anymore (didn't like them much). But my favourite is mikroBASIC. Easy to learn and use, user-friendly, cheap, even a free version is available, excellent support.

Re: best compiler for the pic

Deni said:
I can recommend B Knudsen's ( www.bknd.com ) compiler. Interface is integrated into MPLAB and produces quite good code, even for the smallest derivates...

- Deni
Agreed, its excellent, and covers all the low end devices (pic10f) which my next preferred compiler sourceboost does not. I really liked sourceboost because its got a reasonable IDE and very good debug emulator. Was forced to move to CC5x only because of sourceboost limits with the devices. At first seemed cc5x a bit harder to use, but once gotten used to it makes tight and reliable code. Both compilers generate up to 2k bytes freeware. Over that cc5x is an expensive upgrade, sourceboost very reasonable about $US50.
Between the two I'd pick sourceboost as its forum is very active, helpful and suggestive. CC5X has no support unless youre registered, but if you need to program low end devices, this is the pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back