Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which is the best PCB program for single layer routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cat

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
best pcb program

I used now Protel DXP, but this is not good for single layer

single layer routing

Hello The Cat,

Why is Protel not so good for single layer layouts? If you want to use an autorouter I think there will be no program which can handle a single layer design very good.

Bye,
cube007

pcb single layer software

OrCAD Sch + Layout Plus is the best. If you want you can even route a part of a double layer board as single layer.
Single layer with auto jumpers is nice.

bimbla.

how to use jumper in single layer pcb

The latest version of Easy-PC also has a jumper "layer"
and you have schematics and layout integrated in the same
application.

/Rambo

best pcb single layer

for a beginer i think is very easy to try Trax Maker from Circuit Maker.....I use Layout plus from Cadence..in my opinion are the best

best pcb programs

I have used PowerPCB for single layer consumer PCBS for long time, the auto insert jumper and other features make it really easy.

But like everything else, you will need to learn new way of thinking and working but the benefits would be worthwhile.

If you are using on regular basis and in workgroup i would recommend MG PPCB or MG Boardstation.

:F

topor cadsoft

:sm15: "The Hand" is the best for single sided routing.

i have tested many PCB softwares for single sided routing and found out that manual routing is the only solution .

Eagle from cadsoft has a control file for the autorouter in which the top layer is used to lay Straight Tracks(which can be used as jumpers)

protel easy trax

I suppose it depends on what you're trying to build here.

At work, we use Mentor Graphics Expedition, but this is totally overkill for a single layer board. Even DXP is. If you're looking at this for hobby software, I'd go with Cadsoft Eagle. It's simple, easy to use, and very flexible.

rauol is right... the best method for single layer routing is doing it manually, so the best should be the tool that facilitates it.
Definitely, OrCAD-Layout handrouting paradigm is bizarre, ...not a good option at all.
If you like using Protel, for single-layer manual routing try the version 1.1 (it's an older version for Windows 3.11)
Regards.

cube007 said:
If you want to use an autorouter I think there will be no program which can handle a single layer design very good.

There is just one autorouter which can handle single layer PCB. Typically it gives results better than manually routed PCB. See **broken link removed**

I think protel is good for all the type of board, and I think the problem is that they are tools, not intelligent human.
How about u?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back