Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Which is the best layout tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thinks the SE is the best.

Astro is also good.

SE and Astro are not layout tools--they are P & R tools
layou tools,in industry field,Virtuoso is the most popular,in academic,magic is used widely

Fully layout tool
vittuso /Leo (Novas lake) ...

if you use windows

tanner Ledit , mychip ...

use Linux
magic

V!rtuo$o has linux version also.
ICgr@ph is good tool from Mentor, can work under sun, hp & linux.

I think Tanner also not bad

A layout tool is not enough. You need support to make the most out of it. Tanner is powerful but requires a lot of personal involvment to get it "rolling". For Virtuoso you can find many things by just searching the web (even free libraries).

i use Virtuoso.
You can try it.

Encounter for P&R. Ic5033 for custom Layout!!

Hi,

Virtuoso being the tool used throughout, most support for virtuoso. Why dont u try using Laker ? It is a great tool where u can reduce the time to a great extent if u are having a good exposure to the tool.

Regards,
GP

virtuoso, I think. and we use it for many years.

For manual layout, Virtuoso is good
For Auto-place&routing Apollo is not bad :)

HI,
I have been using Cadence IC 4.46. I use Virtuoso Layout editor for all my requirements for Analog and Mixed Signal custom IC design. Very recently I started using L-Edit from Tanner EDA. But still I prefer Cadence environment.

Cheers,
Gold_kiss

SoC encounter is better!

I have been using Avanti Apollo for a while. Lately I started using IC5 and realized a fact that IC5 is by far more intelligent than any of Avanti/Synopsys tools. It is a joy using IC5. Synopsys seems to be trying hard in Astro tool to make it better but most of the new features they are adding are full of bug and difficult to use.

I prefer Ledit.

I think the layout tool from mentor graphics os a good one I am using it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back