Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which is the best arm7 processor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdk

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
best arm7

Does any body have a real opinion about arm7

Sammsung ?
Atmel ?
Motorola ?
Philips ?

Need something with normal package
My regards

Depending for what!

To select a CPU is not just an affaire of diferents BRANDS .. It doesn't make sense ..For once the core is the SAME !

So what other funcionality do you require!
SPEED? , POWER? , PERIPHERALS? ,PRICE?

i use the A7 family from TRISCEND is a SYSTEM ON A CHIP = CPU + FPGA + PERIPHERALS ..

BACK TO YOU!

I have seen Excell sheet on arm site . There are most of the mcu's with arm core and their parameters . But I think ARM will share first place with Intel's x86 core in popularity because of wide usage in mobile area - as far as 3G is going to start . Most of the terminals are ARM core based .

artem said:
I have seen Excell sheet on arm site .
Link to this "ARM_Microcontroller_Spreadsheet.xls" table:
http://www.arm.com/ARMPower/57ZEQU/$File/ARM_Microcontroller_Spreadsheet.xls

ARM7

OKI Semiconductors introduced good line of ARM7 based microcontrollers

You have to take the manufacturer's data sheets with a pinch of salt. Select the processor from a company with long experience of manufacturing the chip. In my experience, Atmel AT91 is good.

JJ
8)

It is pleasant thing to read all of your replies.

I would like to have a idea for a cpu with 128K flash 16K ram
2 Uarts 68PLCC or 64-80 QFP packages.

So far I found special/difficult to use packages althought there are lots of cpus.

My regards

in this case .. look for philips ;0)

cancel said:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Philips forum:
**broken link removed**

dainis said:
cancel said:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Philips forum:
**broken link removed**

New ARM CPUs from PHILIPS:
**broken link removed**

The LPC2114/LPC2124 are based on a 16/32 bit ARM7TDMI-STM CPU with real-time emulation and embedded trace support, together with 128/256 kilobytes (kB) of embedded high speed flash memory. A 128-bit wide memory interface and a unique accelerator architecture enable 32-bit code execution at maximum clock rate. For critical code size applications, the alternative 16-bit Thumb Mode reduces code by more than 30pct with minimal performance penalty.

With their compact 64 pin package, low power consumption, various 32-bit timers, 4-channel 10-bit ADC, PWM channels and 46 GPIO lines with up to 9 external interrupt pins these microcontrollers are particularly suitable for industrial control, medical systems, access control and point-of-sale. With a wide range of serial communications interfaces, they are also very well suited for communication gateways, protocol converters and embedded soft modems as well as many other general-purpose applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.