Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which is best programming language for electronic engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

zio_nneo

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
best programming language for electronic

I am trying to learn the programming langauge.Which is the best programming language for simulation.Upto now I had done my project and simulation in matlab. But I want to other language. Which is best language for electronics engineer which can be understood easily.

language for electronic engineer

I think other than matlab, "C" is the best language

best programming language for electronics

Yea well said. C/C++ is the best, no doubt!!

best language for simulation

c/c++
spice/pspice/hspice
vhdl/verilog

programming language for electronics engineer

MATLAB/Mathematica, C/C++, HDL

my friend told me that C++ is good enough for the communication system simulation......do any body have material on this topic.....

Hi,
I agree that C/C++ in addition to Matlab are powerful
also Lab VIEW is very good Engineering oriented programming language.
good Luck

Re: which is best programming language for electronic engine

of course c/c++

If person donot know anything about it. How could he start from bottom level. Can you suggest anybook and web site for begineer.Is it possible to learn C++ without knowin anything c.
Thnx in advance

Simple simulations may be constructed from scripting languages, or C. To write fast, original simulators will need at least C. As my_books suggested, assembly is not easy, or even popular, but it really works.

I worked with assembly 8086 , 6800, 8051 & AVR .. It is a powerful but u must study the language for EACH PROCESSOR FAMILY...

Well, yes, but that is the problem for all working engineers, and with answering general questions. There are as many programming languages as there are ideas of the best way to programme.
One may not be given the choice. If your employer uses Matlab, then you will need to learn it.

Sometimes I use Labview to control instruments, but I also use Autohotkey. It depends upon time and opportunity, as much as which is better.

To answer the original inquiry, it is better to start with a language that is available to you and DO IT, rather than worry about the actual language. Skills learned will be transferable.

i did not use c or c++ in my project, because i am a beginning learner.but i used the HDL,i think it is better for a electronic engine.and also it is not the best.i am looking for it and today get some useful information .

matlab+verilog-ams, forget about vhdl unless you are in defense.

Verilog

hi
for programming of embedded systems u need to know c/c++
for micro controller keil
processor masm
for vlsi sub quartus
matlab for image processing and digital signal processing

Start with C. There is no doubt.

When it comes to microcontrollers at least some knowledge of their assembly language is needed. Sometimes it is necessary to change something in startup files which are written mainly in assembly language. Anyway C/C++ is the best language in my opinion to write software for microcontrollers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back