Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which is best program for schematics and PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite combination

I have used Orcad for schematic capture and PowerPCB for layout almost exclusively. I did not like Powerlogic (Powerpcb's schematic caputre). The only problem with Orcad (schematic) and Powerpcb (layout) is not a smooth back annotation. Changing the schematic and importing to layout is fairly easy, but going from layout changes (on the fly) back to schematic I was never able to resolve.

Mentor Graphics is good but $$$$$

OrCAD version 9.2 is the best choice!
(Schematic, PCB, Simulation....)

Here you can download pow*erP*CB 5.0 and crk for it:

**broken link removed**

Best regards.

Mr.Cube

Dear Everybody

I think that the best tool for U that the tool U can use very smooth and U like to use it, for me, i have seen use Orcad, Expedition, Concept HDL. Concept HDL is a power full for schematic, but it is very complex to study ( Simulation by concept HDL is very good ). Orcad in PSD ( Orcad 9.2.3 ) is a good tool, The Cadence support for it, so U can tranlate netlist to Allegro layout, I have use orcad to drawing schematic about 80 pages and translater netlist to allegro to layout mother board. everything works smoothly. Orcad easy to learn, and U can use the PCB navigator to translate to another layout tools. and i think that if U no need simulation, U can choose Orcad 9.2.3, it is enough. This is a my opinion.

Thanks

Concat

Support!I think OrCad is best too!

For the Simulation a use Orcad 14.2 and for all the other stuff i use Protel DXP and it works very fine.
:D

Regards :wink:

simulation=proteus
pcb=pcad2002

Dear Vauxdvihl,The OrCad's version is not 14.2,it is only in the C@dence PSD 14.2.
I think PCB=Zuken,Protel used to low user,Zuken is first and power!

hai,

for beginners use eagle

for industry use oracd

for complex design like emc check use
cadstar

bye

the new tool from pads BLAZEROUTER is good more and more.

for complex design use CR5000 is better.

Mentor Graphics

It is veri best tool for PCB,IC design an ASIC is tools from Mentor - profics tools.Ja user INTIGRA STION 3.15 - old tool.bat more perfeckt,then PROTEL,ORCAD and other

Dear...
U can choose WG2002 from MentorGraphics, and for easy to use choose Ocard Capture for Schematic and PowerPCB5 for Layout to Design PCB. And with IC Design, specification is ASIC, You can choose CADENCE IC5.

Best Regards

Concat

Dear,Ja work in Orcad 386 and orcad 7.2,then a begin work in Inigra Station 3.15 - the differtnt wos big - inigra is best.Identical - design many project in IC C4 and icflowe2001.2 of Mentor.This time ja work in Cadence 4.46 - is bad tools

I will try Viewdraw+Blazerouter

But if you learn to use AL_Le_G_RO and become a expert with the tool, will increase your chance to get a job. A little difficult to use.

best pcb tool

this story will never end

i think the best tool to use is ur brain with any EDA stuff. the former is most important. if u can't use ur brain very well, use whichever stuff it won't get u anywhere.

well it's a vey personal view. i stand to be corrected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back