Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which is best for learn microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

mailus

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to learn about microcontroller. Which is best and easy.
By which language (assembly or c) and software

Last edited:

In my opinion, it will be MSP430...:)

Very simple 16 bit controller , easy to learn and best for beginners....

i think the most easy now is AVR.

and if you know C gcc compiler.

the net is full of avr aplications..

Reactions: alexxx

alexxx

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello!

A question like this will have (obviously) as many replies as there are micro controllers.
A forum is never a good place to get that kind of info because anyone will talk about his
favorite device which is (he thinks) the best for objective reasons. But in fact all the
reasons are influenced by what a particular person is used to develop with.
And this goes for anything, not only micro controllers. If ask a classical music nerd
what is the best version of Carmina Burana, if he replies it's the 1973 Karajan version,
I would bet half of my salary that he has THIS particular version at home.

Dora.

I would recommend using PIC or AVR. There are a range of compilers and IDEs you can select from. I think it's better to use PIC or AVR instead of 8051. You can find a lot of support for all of these, but PIC and AVR have better peripherals in comparison to 8051, which can prove very useful in development.

One compiler that I recommend is mikroC (for PIC or AVR).

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

PIC all the way buddy use CCS copiler for C language.. best and quick learning tool

By which language (assembly or c) and software
I think that AVR is a reasonable choice for begginers. Many web resources, books, and easy architecture.
I use C, but I believe that if you are starting now with microcontrollers, look into assembly for a while to get the feeling of the architecture and after a couple of months you can move on to C.
AVR Studio supports both choices and it is free.

http://www.atmel.com/tools/AVRSTUDIO4.aspx
http://www.atmel.com/microsite/avr_studio_5/default.aspx

Alexandros

well if you are starting now , use 89v51rd2 its a variant of 8051 with many other facilities and you can access it using C or ASM , both are really easy and handy

Best way to learn is to do it practically rather than theoretical stuffs. Buying an arduino board and play with it.

start with a P89V51RD2 which is basically an 8051
you can refer "The 8051 microcontroller:using assembly and C "
**broken link removed**
this is a good book...
i also recommend www.8052.com

One compiler that I recommend is mikroC (for PIC or AVR).

I agree, it's a very good start for beginners (good documentation and free e-books).

However, if one is interested in commercial design then at a later stage it is advisable to switch over to some professional compiler. MikroC libraries are closed (no possibility for customization) and their support often takes many months and even years (new libraries, modification of existing ones, bug fixes).

Status
Not open for further replies.