Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which gate has more delay: NAND or NOR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spauls

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For W/L ratio of 5/2 which gate has more delay NAND or NOR.

Re: Nand or NOR Delay

I guess NOR has more delay, since the logic effort of NOR is more comapred to NAND.Correct me if i am wrong

NAND can be done by having transistors in series.
so the overall resistance will be greater compared to NOR with parallel transistors.
the delay is directly proportional to R.
the NAND will have more delay.

Nand or NOR Delay

Which logic do you mean?
Digital logic? or Flash structure?
On the logic, I think the Nor is faster than NAND,
for its P transistor is parallel

Nor will have more delay for pull up and Nand more for pull down...charging will take more time...Nor will have more delay

Nand or NOR Delay

for transmitting a 1 NAND GATE takes more time.for tra 0 NOR gate taks more time( as per cmos design, transmitting 1 means 0/p is HIGH.

check it out
regards

NOR gate only .This can be viewed from the circuit itself . You have a series connection of two PMOS of greater W/L (4 times that of nmos to have same rise and fall time ) . so this will increase the charging time in case ogf NOR gate compared to NAND gate .

hi,

Think u have got many replys but i think its simple and all boils down to one concept called Rd ON of PMOS and NMOS.. thats all

PMOS has longer Rd ON than PMOS thus it takes more time to switch.

As NOR has PMOS in series and NMOS in parallel it takes more time to switch .. Thats all dude..

REgards.

Yes Nor has more delay since it has p-transistors in series
In case of NMOS Nor is faster than NAND
Thanks
pradeep

Hi,

When you say the NMOS and PMOS, you are refering to the peripheral circuits around the flash core array (eg sense amplifiers) but not the flash core array itself.

Am I right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back