Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which error rule checker is better DRACULA or NANOSIM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-goe

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DRACULA vs NANOSIM

Hy guys

Which of these ERC ( error rule checkers ) do you prefere for DRC extraction of a layout.

Anybody has experience with NANOSIM DRC checker ( personaaly I've only experience with DRACULA DRC). ? I mean for example if some of you have experience in checking a layout with nanosim and dracula and one off these checkers doesn't recognize a fancy layout error ........

Thanks in advance

Greetz E-goe

Re: DRACULA vs NANOSIM

E-goe said:
Hy guys

Which of these ERC ( error rule checkers ) do you prefere for DRC extraction of a layout.

Anybody has experience with NANOSIM DRC checker ( personaaly I've only experience with DRACULA DRC). ? I mean for example if some of you have experience in checking a layout with nanosim and dracula and one off these checkers doesn't recognize a fancy layout error ........

Thanks in advance

Greetz E-goe

Dracula is for DRC, LVS and EXT.
Nanosim is for circuit simulations. They are different tools. One for layout checks, the other for circuit simulation.

Bastos

Hi

Basically DRACULA DRC is a physical Verification tool & nanosim from synopsys is used mainly for post layout simulation,so dont get confused between physical verification & post layout simulation.As far as i know the industry standard tool for physical verification is calibre from mentor graphics.

with regards
sharath seshadri

[/quote]

perhaps DRACULA is for layout verification, but NANOSIM is for circuit simultion, mostly Nanosim could checke something about power consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back