Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which E1 Framer are most popular (+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Jack

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Which E1 Framer are most popular?

I`m going to use INFINEON QuadFALC.
Does anyone have problem with this chip?

I find out in datasheet that QuadFALC support HDLC
for ALL 4x32 channell in a same time.

Does it trully?

My friends used a Conexant one. But don't ask me why. I am not quite familar with E1 framer. :)

cac

i am using quadfal, it work fine, but if you would use only E1 standard you can see at www.dalsemi.com, (Dallas and Maxim) whic have achipest device.
Bye.
G.

tlp71@hotmail.com said:
i am using quadfal, it work fine, but if you would use only E1 standard you can see at www.dalsemi.com, (Dallas and Maxim) whic have achipest device.
Bye.
G.

And what about HDLC?
4E1 x 32 Timeslot = 128 HDLC Channels in QuadFALC?

Hi

It is agood choice. This chip also include the line interface. But one of the limitation of this interface is the input sensitivity when configured in "Monitor Mode". It is limited to -20db. Other chips have their sensitivity increased to -30db. This value covers almost all the the attenutor configuration you will find at monitoring points.

About HDLC, I had a look at the datasheet. What I have understood is the following.

- The chip is made of 4 channels
- Each channel is made of one interface, one framer and one HDLC controler
- Each HDLC controler can pick up data from an agregate of one to 31 time slots. That means that you can process HDLC on only one data stream per channel. This data stream could be made of 1 or 2 or... timeslots.

If you would like to process all the 31 individual time slots of one QuadFALC's channel, you will need to have 31 HDLC controllers per QuadFALC channels. In this case you will need to use external HDLC controler like Infinéon's MUNICH32, MUNICH128 or MUNICH256.

Regards

Papyaki
-

papyaki said:
Hi

About HDLC, I had a look at the datasheet. What I have understood is the following.

- The chip is made of 4 channels
- Each channel is made of one interface, one framer and one HDLC controler
- Each HDLC controler can pick up data from an agregate of one to 31 time slots. That means that you can process HDLC on only one data stream per channel. This data stream could be made of 1 or 2 or... timeslots.

Regards

Papyaki
-

I find in Infineon`s datasheet:
The QuadFALC offers one HDLC controller for each channel. All of them provide the
following features...
May be I mix up "channel" with "timeslot"

What you think about other vendors in E1 Framers market
(Dallas, Cirrus, Connexant, etc.)

And questions about ADSL chipsets:
Which chips most popular for Central Office equipment, DSLAM?

TNX!

the multiplexing feature is allowed also in others vendors.
YUou can multoplex at byte
<TS0-0 TS1-0 TS2-0 TS3-0> etc..
or a frame
TS0 - TS1 - TS@ -TS3.
Bye
G.

Hi

The term channel is used by Infineon in their datasheet. I agree that it can be missunderstood. For them, one channel = one block. One block is made of one line interface, one framer and one HDLC controler.

In the past, I used to use Infineon (Siemens) chips like PEB2235/2236, PEB 2035 and SAB82525. All of these references were grouped in one : the FALC.

At the moment, I use PMC SIERRA chips. I did this choice because of the high level of integration of their solution, up to eight channels (block) in one chip.

In a general maner, I think that the offer of the most popular providers is about the same in term of integration. Only the price per line and the support can be the main differences.

If the price and support are not the major aspects of your choice, start your development with the family (provider) you are familiar with. This will cost you less time in hardware and software (drivers) developement.

On another hand, the availability of line transformers can be a problem. The ones are prefer are PE (h**p://www.pulseeng.com/), MIDCOM (h**p://www.midcom-inc.com/) and VAC (h**p://www.vacuumschmelze.de)

Today, if I would have to start a E1/T1 design from zero, I would have a look at DALLAS/MAXIM, INFINEON, PMC SIERRA and ZARLINK solutions.

Sorry for xDSL, I dont have any reference on the subject.

Regards

Papyaki

Mitel (Zarlink) MT9075xxx
see also products of PMC SIERA

there is a very famous one DS2154

there is the low voltage DS2155 or the Quad DS21Q55.
The cheapest is DS21Q58, if i remember.
Bye.
g.

Black Jack said:
Which E1 Framer are most popular?

I`m going to use INFINEON QuadFALC.
Does anyone have problem with this chip?

I find out in datasheet that QuadFALC support HDLC
for ALL 4x32 channell in a same time.

Does it trully?

actually QuadFALC has some bug for some very rare application in US,(such as SLC96), and also has poor performance to support hdlc signalling. and infineon just donot want to fix it, they focus on its eighth-port framer right now, so I recommend you use the eight-port one
take care

best choice i think useing MT9075 and MT9076

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back