Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which domain has more oppurtunities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagz

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Which domains have more opportunities, the back end (Physical design, analog layout etc) or front end (RTL design and verification)? Would like have an expert opinion in this before I chose my field.
(Which domain has more opportunities in Indian market too)
Thanks

Go for Physical Design..!

Reactions: jagz

jagz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Both the fields have opportunities. Choose domain of your interest!!! You can choose your domain depending on your skill set. If you are good at HDL coding, Digital Design (State Machine Design, logic design). Go for Front End design. If you have good knowledge of MOS,CMOS,layout. Go for Back End design. Your is not limited to Front End and Back End. If you have good programming skills and interested in microprocessor,microcontroller,RTOS. Go for Embedded Design.
In India most of jobs are in verification but you have opportunities in other fields also..!

Choose the domain in which you are more confident and which interest you most. If I say analog design has more opportunity and you choose that field without any knowledge then it will finally affect your growth. As much you shown interest in your work (whether frontend or backend), you will get the opportunities automatically.

Best of luck!

my suggestion to you is very simple. "follow you passion", choose a domain on which you are passionate about working. 10 years down the line , still its only your passion toward something you work that can keep you motivated.

Your long term goals should be driven by your own interest.

These is nothing called "best domain to work".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back