Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which Digital modulation scheme to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehboob_iiui

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
About designing a simple tranceiver systems consisting of a few similar tranceivers that modulate voice and other data as packets, what I want to know is what modulation scheme and carrier frequency should I use . the devices should operational within 100m of eachother.

so calls can be packet switched and the devices can act as routers..

use BPSK.
iT IS SIMPLE TO IMPLEMENT AND EASY TO ANALYSIS. iTS BER IS ALSO LOW.
BEST OF LUCK.

hi
u can use QPSK
it's good

U can use OFDM if u desire a system like wireless LAN. I can give u books on OFDM.

You shoule determine one important thing: What is your data rate demand?19K?10M?100M?

As operate frequency,ISM(2.4G) is a good choice.

If you don't want to build Rome yourself,you can buy complete solution chips ,such as BlueCore(by CSR) ,a SOC bluetooth chip

The carrier frequency to be used depends on your transmission range as well as the available frequency band. In general, the higher the carrier-frequency the higher the attenuation.

Which modulation to be used depends on many factors, for example,

-what is the expected transmissino rate of your system?
-what kind of propagation is your system operating on?
-is there channel informatino at the receiver? (coherent or non-coherent modulation)?

Therefore, you really need to know more details about your system before choosing specific scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.