Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which dial-up modem can be interfaced with 8051?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam_aries

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HELP! EMBEDDED INTERNET

:D Hello friends,
I am SAM, a student of bachelors of electronics(B.E.)in INDIA branch=electronics.i need some assistance from u people on my project

PROJECT TITLE=WEB PAGE CONTROLLED HOME AUTOMATION SYSTEM.(EMBEDDED INTERNET APPLICATION).

DESCRIPTION=An embedded system would control some of the home appliances.As we log on to internet and access a specific web page installed in the embedded system , we would be able to control the home appliances using the radio buttons (or something else) on the web page.

HELP=Initially i want to interface a dial up modem to 8051.Please let me know if any one of u know about dial up modem which can be interfaced to 8051.

REGISTERED WITH LOT'S OF EXPECTATIONS.

Re: HELP! EMBEDDED INTERNET

You should learn about TCP/IP protocol, first !
After that, you should buy TCP/IP hardware as
h**p://web51.hw-server.com/download.html
h**p://picnic.sourceforge.net/home.html
. . . . . . or you could do it !
after, You try write code for uC/uP connection with TCP/IP . . . . .
Good luck for U !

HELP! EMBEDDED INTERNET

The Dallas Semiconductor DS80C400 is an 8051 based High-Speed Micro with 4 DPTRs, ROMless, WDT, 3 Serial Ports, CAN Controller, 4 Timers/Counters, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Interface with TCP/IP in ROM, 1-Wire Net Controller, 64 I/O Lines + Address/Data Bus, 16 Interrupts/3 Priority Levels, 256 Bytes On-chip RAM, 9K Bytes On-chip SRAM, 16/32-bit Math Coprocessor, Optional 10-Bit Stack Pointer, Addresses up to 16M Bytes External Memory.
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Enjoy

FRIENDS tcsa35,KST,jcdup and nooknikz.THANKS A LOT 4 U R REPLIES.

nooknikz,
thanks 4 the web address.i found lots of important information on it.

jcdup,
thanks 4 ur web address too.

KST,
i have already visualized the concept. i know how does tcp and ip protocol works.i would try to develop a tcp/ip stack using assembly or may be C.i am trying 2 find a dail up modem (available in india) which can be interfaced to 8051 and then i will begin writing the code.
THANKS 4 U R INSPIRATION!

tcsa35,
i think u r refering 2 TINI(Tiny InterNet Interfaces ).but the problem is that to implement a tcp/ip stack it uses JAVA language.being an electronics major i don't know JAVA and can,t learn it due 2 time constraints.
any way thanks 4 u r visiting the thread and spending ur precious time 4 me.

FORUM LIVING UP 2 EXPECTATIONS.THANK U.

hi
this link may help u
see it
**broken link removed**
salaam
Ahmed

Status
Not open for further replies.