Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which device can/will replace GAL16v8 in future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ymq8328

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
my project need a chip like gal16v8,but my friend told me that this chip is too old to use.I don't kown how can I do. I find some document about IspGAL ,I think IspGal is better than GAL,isn't it? If I use Ispgal,which development tools(hardware and software ) I should use? is IspGal's price highter than GAL? thanks

A CHIP TOO OLD TO USE ? That's not a very professional advice !. the 555 are older or even resistors are older and they are still in use .All depends is you can still buy it at a "good price" and if is sufficient for your application .The rsto is meanigless!

hi eltonjohn:
you are right. but I want to kown if IspGal wiil replace GAL?

The ispGAL is a superset of the GAL and will not replace the GAL

Regards

IspGal is a EPLD with the same functionnality than the old GAL ,on top it has IN SITU PROGRAMABILITY .This is great because now you don't need a programmer .They are almost gone now .I have a friend that sells them he is in trouble .This is manufactured by Lattice .Is nice to switch to this product if you want to start a new design or if is cheaper than the old products .

cool ideas , all of you !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back