Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which companies have "switch debouncer" IC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

onemilimeter

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
switch debouncer

So far I know Maxim and On Semiconductor have such IC, i.e. MAX6818 and MC14490 respectively. Pls advise if any other company also has such IC. Thanks.

switch debouncer ic delay

can you add capacitors to the switch? or do some sort of software debouncing?
Also maybe this article can be of use? h**p://www.ganssle.com/debouncing.pdf

* => t

max6818

That PDF almost discovers a simple digital solution, but misses it.

Sample the button signal at a rate that slightly slower than the maximum bounce duration. For example, 50 Hz sampling rejects up to 20ms of bounce. You can do that in your microcontroller by using a timer loop, or in hardware by using a D flip-flop and 555 timer.

debouncer

You can use Dual 2-Input NAND to form the S-R latch. You can use NL27WZ00 IC from OnSemi.

Nandu

Use omron switches, its mechanical construction are better. add 40ms delay after the read switch function if you are using microcontroller. I've use maxim's switch debouncer, its good but its a waste. u can save several $ by not using that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back