Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which companies fabricate ASIC based on your design files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOps

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
if i design my custom ASIC, how can i get it fabricated?

which company fabricates chips based on my design files??

and how much would cost to fabricate one simple chip??

thanks

Re: fabrication of ASIC

hi,
a single chip can't fabricate,becoze it is very costly,number of chips make on a single wafer.wafer cost also increases day by day with technology.
regards

Fabricating single chip is not feasible. Generally, a wafer lot of 6 is taken up by the fabs.

Say for example, if it is 8" wafer and your die size is 8*8 , you can expect around 400+ good die.

Cost depends on how many units, you wish to make.

No company will facbricate your design based on your design file...

You'lll need to confirm to their design file and other design constrainsts to get it fabricated.

and comments above regarding single chip are true....

You should try using FPGA in case its possible for such applications...

If still you'd like to get it fabricated, you may tak with some companies (if you have contacts and send it across to founday through them along with their dummy designs )...Many companies do that....but that's not possible for individuals....

some companies that fabricate are : TSMC, CSM, XFAB, IBM, TOWER, etc...

fabrication of ASIC

exactly u can try it out on FPGA ...
ASIC fabrication is done usually on bulk not for a single designs ...
most of the foundries are there inTaiwan...

agree tht fabrication cost much......but if u hav done all homework like layout ...timin anaysis ...routin....i mean complete backend flow....and if your university sponseres u can send your .gds file to certain fabrication foundaries....yes for test purpose they do fabricate.....certain foundaries have tieup with universities....

for eg u can submit your design to TI ,which accept in nov and feb for fabrication....

@sohiltri,
Can you please tell the name of some university, which have tieups with foundaries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back