Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which cable is suitable for RS 485 converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

annix1121

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how can i decide which cable is suitable for the converter, since the there is quite a few types of cable is available? as i know, there is 2, 4, 6, 8 cores cables.

Re: RS 485 converter

The RS-485 half-duplex requires one twisted (shielded) pair - two conductors, full duplex two twisted (shielded) pairs - four conductors ..
If you are unsure which type of transmission is going to be used, install 4-core cable (two twisted pairs), if possible shielded, and it should cover all options ..

Regards,
IanP

RS 485 converter

Depends on your application, the most economy way is a two-wire topology, however this is not the most efficient network.

Re: RS 485 cable spec

There are specific cables that should be used for RS485 wiring.

The major requirement is that it has low capacitance.

One suggestion would be a **broken link removed**

This cable has six conductor, so it can be used for both RS485 full-duplex or half-duplex.

RS 485 converter

belden is a good resource for cable. I use the J1939 cable from them. very strong, very reliable.
Funny N.

Status
Not open for further replies.