[SOLVED] Which BJT n-p-n transistor is most commonly used in amplifier circuits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zia.newversion

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to model an amplifier circuit in Multisim and there's a huge list of transistors that I can use. I can only use BJT NPN transistors... Does anyone have any idea what transistor is most commonly used? I know it varies from application to application, but just for a beginner level, like an electronics lab in a school, which transistor would satisfy almost all basic needs?
I am sure after a little consideration, the list can be brought down to 2,3 transistors...

Thanks for replying... Actually I was trying to solve a problem, but wasn't getting the desired output. I thought maybe using a more general purpose transistor, the problem would be solved. But the problem still persists... I guess I shall have to create anothe thread for that... Thanks a lot, my knowledge is definitely a little more than before I posted this thread.

Hi,
If u can explain the problem u r facing,may be we can help u.

Hiya back... The problem has been solved. I used BC107 however I think it can be solved with any other transistor because I later found out that the problem did not lie with transistor model but biasing instead. Here is the link to the thread I created later. It contains the problem and progressive solution. Cheers
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/194369/

Status
Not open for further replies.