Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which arbiter logic to be used in AHB design

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlsi_maniac

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
arbiter logic

i have done a basic design of ahb master-slave design.
i want to go further in desiging with two masters and four slaves.
what is the arbiter logic should i go for.i mean which arbiter should i choose and how.

arbiter use in digital design

You question is not so clear.
As I know, two kinds of arbitrations are popular: round-robin , and fixed priority.
As you said , your system has two masters.
So which master should have higher priority?
Or those masters dont have priority requirement?
Please think further.

ahb design forum

usually AHB arbitrator does address decoding and request arbitration, you can refer spec of AMBA 2.0

ahb lite version 6

It might be helpful if you give a little more detail about the system and what you are trying to achieve.

Have you thought about using a multi-layer AHB-lite system? In that case, you have a point-to-point connection between all masters and all slaves and no need for a central arbiter. You have local arbiters at each slave, which are used only when both masters are trying to access the same slave on the same cycle.

Some time ago I wrote an explanation of AHB arbiter operation here:

**broken link removed**

And a few lines about AHB-lite here:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

I think this type of configuration is much more common in ASICs today than the original AMBA conception of a single arbiter for the whole system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back