Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which 802.11 radio can be controlled by SPI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck84

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
802.11 spi

Hi everyone,

I am working on a project in which I need to buy an 802.11 a or g radio that can be configured and controlled completely by SPI (serial peripheral interface). Do you have any suggestions for me? It has to be a radio (MAC and PHY only, no TCP/IP stack on top). I appreciate every help.

I am sure that broadcom, atheros, marvell all have them. The problem is they don't come in a development board, and if they do, the documentation and drivers are very difficult to obtain. Thanks anyway.

If you can find cards based on the older prism gt chip sets then you can find drivers. You can also try railink. They actually provide code for linux drivers. Everyone else wants huge volumes before you can get access to driver code.

Hi,

From what I understand you are looking for a module which has MAC+PHY (RF front end) already implemented. If that is the case, I can help you and suggest something.
Please, could you specify your system architecture and business? Which company are you from and what is the forecast of the product you are going to design?

Thank you,
N.

Hi McShamrock,

I already sent to you the details that you request in your personal email. Please respond to me at ckhuc@swri.org. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.