Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

whether these two amps are stable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fengluan

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
look at two figs. the PM=90 ,whether they all are stable?
57_1157450232.GIF

31_1157450274.GIF

I think both is unstable. If u have point where gain is 0 dB and phase shift >= 180 deg than in closed loop configuration that circuit will be not stable.

I can tell you some rule :
1.IN many cmos circuit design book tell us ,at the UGBW,the phase margin will at least 45deg,but in our practice circuit ,the phase margin usually 60deg ,in some A/D circuit ,the Phase margin will 70~80 deg ;
2.AS a amp circuit ,you have to see the closed AC characteristics ,this will give you the meaning.
3. gain margin :when the AC Frequence to 0deg or -180(the same ),the gain must below a certain value,usually -10db(this can vary as you circuit design requirement),and ensure the gain curve
drop
4.The transition of the ac frequence will 3 multiple of the UGBW ,this ensure the stable

Added after 2 minutes:

so the two amp are unsuccessful design ,they will appear stable problem

Added after 13 seconds:

Added after 10 seconds:

Added after 1 seconds:

Plot these in polar coordinates and see if the trace circles the -1 +j0 point.

look at this fig.
50_1157508180.GIF

for the bode diagrame like this ,i think it's stable. but if i use the Nyquist Criterion, it seems alse encircle the point (-1,0).

whether i understand "encircle (-1,0) " is uncorrect?

fengluan said:
look at two figs. the PM=90 ,whether they all are stable?
57_1157450232.GIF

31_1157450274.GIF

is it simulation results or theoretical drawing?

Last edited by a moderator:

it's all the simulation result .but drawed myself, may have some shift from actually result.

Status
Not open for further replies.