Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where's the Electronic CAD Software Sticky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddy23

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

It's been more than 10 years since I last did any circuit designing, so I've fallen out of touch with the software apps that are out there. So when jumping on this board, I kinda expected there to be a nice sticky that allows people to list the software that they recommend for:
- schematics
- pcb design
- simulation
etc, etc
and show the pros and cons of each.

Given that I'm a newbie to this forum, I probably just missed it ("another stupid newbie question" I hear you say! :D). Any suggestions?

Cheers!

Hi Cyberrat,

Yeah, I noticed that when doing a search. I figured that maybe it would be worthwhile turning one of those monthly threads into a sticky and it becomes THE reference point to prevent others asking the same old questions. :)

I've seen it done that way on other forums and it seems to work quite successfully. Here's an example.
**broken link removed**

Anyway, just my 2 cents :D

I have successfully used Kicad. It is free open source and does schematics and artworks up to about 16 layers. It does not have a simulator. If you search the net you will find libraries foir Kicad that have been converted from other cad systems such as Eagle. It is also very easy to add your own parts.

Yes, a difficult question. Anyone suggests the software it uses :)
I would suggest OrCAD or PCAD. Someone else could suggest Protel, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back