Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to put the driving motor for automated gate system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostafa0020

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Gates Automation

Hi all,
I need to start a work into gates automation. after modeling the gate system as an inertia element depending on gate weight and geometry, i didn't decide yet where to put the driving motor, two assumptions for me are available:-
1- Under the pivote axis , the motor will be vertically mounted " Buried ".
2- Back of the trailing edge , the motor will be horizontally mounted on the gate " much load , the motor will have to move the gate in addition to itself!!".
Please, help me finding a suitable position for such a traction motor..
Also, is this kind of work full of problems??.that mainly seems to be mechanical!!

Gates Automation

Hello mostafa0020,
A "buried" motor must be mounted as to tolerate inmersion!
Best regards

Re: Gates Automation

awaiting more discussions!!

Gates Automation

Is the gate swing type or sliding type. Most swing gates are operated hydraulically since it is quite difficult to provide the large torque at the gate axis. The sliding one is quite simple as it requires a rack and pinion.

Re: Gates Automation

Hi techie,
thanks for this help, but, the hydraulic gates needs a pump or jack, this will be electrically initiated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back